Complimentary Treatment at Public or Military Hospital
Treatment benefit access at Public or Military Hospital for Veteran and their dependant.
Are you eligible?
- served at least 3 years with Malaysian Armed Forces
- served & mobilised full time at least 1 year with MAF Reserve Army
- Force 136
- British Army served in Malaya/Singapore ;
- Sarawak Rangers
Dependant (of ex-MAF Officers)
- Wife/Husband legally married and registered during service. Spouse name is also recorded in Service Acknowledgement Book and Veteran Card.
- Wife/Husband legally married during retirement is eligible for treatment benefit as long as Veteran is alive or 20 years from retirement date if Veteran passes away.
- Veteran's dependant includes their children, stepchildren, adopted children, and illegitimate children and are being cared full time by MAF Veteran. Their age must be:
- Under 18 years old
- Under 21 years old for student
- No age limit for disable/poor/intellectual disability children. If the child was born normal and afflicted with disability(due to accident, high fever etc) before reaching 18 years old, Veteran must obtain supporting document i.e registration or verification from Social Welfare Department(JKM) and verification from any government doctors that the disability is permanent.
Dependant (of non-ex-MAF Officers)
Who is not eligible?
- Officers that were discharged due to misconduct e.g
- ex MAF Officer discharged under Rule 49(l) – ‘Postponing Nonessential Services’ in Army and Air Force (Terms of Service) Regulation, 1961.
- ex MAF Officer retired under Rule 20(2)(f), (g) and (h) to PPAT 1982 includes Section 9 (Cancellation of Commission) to Armed Forces Act 1972.
- Ex MAF Reserve Officer that was not mobilised full time.
Treatment benefit provides complimentary treatment for Veteran/Next of kin whilst receiving treatment/medication at Public or Military Hospital.
Ward class eligibility when a Veteran is receiving treatment either at Military Hospital or Public Hospital varies depending on the rank as follows :
|Bil||Ranks||Ward Level Eligible||Note|
|1.||Major to General||1A||1 bedded|
|2.||Second Lieutenant to Captain, Staff Sergeant to Warrant Officer I||1B||2 bedded|
|3.||Corporal and Sergeant||1C||3 bedded|
|4.||Private and Lance Corporal||2||-|
Need help? Help is here.
[update coming soon]
[update coming soon]