Dependant refers to:
- Widow or widower – husband or wife of a Veteran that has passed away where the marriage is recognized in Malaysia as a valid marriage under any written law, religion, traditions or norm.
- Child -
- Age 21 or below including -
- a child that was born after passing of the father, dependant stepchild, or illegitimate child that was conceived before the passing of Veteran and;
- A child that was adopted before passing of Veteran either under any written law or norm or not;
- Or until obtaining their first bachelor degree or getting married
- If a child has physical or brain related disability, then the child is eligible for lifetime.
- Either parents of Veteran regardless of age and in need of financial assistance*.
* The financial status of either parents will be confirmed thru report from Social Welfare Department/Commanding Officer